Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Favorite Things - Christmas 2011

"I simply remember my favorite things...
and then I don't feel so bad."
- Sound of Music

Here were a few of my favorite things from this Christmas...

A Family Picture
Photobucket

With all the photos I take, you would think I would have hundreds of amazing family photos to chose from, right? No. If I'm lucky, I remember to ask someone to take our photo maybe once a year. And this photo only happened because Courtney offered. Hey, we even look half decent.

Time with my Coco Loco!
Photobucket
Court, are you an angel? Cause I see a halo right over your head! Awwwww.....

I'm always so happy when we can be together, sharing our holiday joy!

My cool nephews in their skinny jeans.
Photobucket

These kids outfits make my boys look like sir-frump-a-lots. Hey, it's ok. My sis has style. And her boys always look straight out of a cool & edgy kids magazine. It's ok to have baby clothes envy! Maybe I'll let Devon wear something other than his pajamas this week.

Gifts from the other side of the world.
Photobucket

Firoze's sister Rumi sent Devon the best Christmas gift ever. The present that officially made her the coolest Aunt on the block. An enormous egg (anyone ever read the book? Anyone?). Yes, we read the book and Devon has secretly dreamt about finding an enormous egg that would hatch and he would have a real pet dinosaur. Well, this egg started hatching with a little help...

Brothers helping brothers.
Photobucket

Any toy that makes both boys stare in wonder for a good ten minutes makes my favorite things list, for sure! They were mesmerized by the little triceratops hatching from this egg. This is pure kid wonderment.

And speaking of favorite things, how could I forget all the insanely wonderful gifts we have received this season. There were too many to count, but here are a few that come to mind...

My favorite turtlenecks in the world, in all the colors I crave. (from Firoze)
A house full of delicious smelling candles (from Firoze).
Bulgari Perfume, YSL Cologne. (from him to me and me to him - yes, we smell sexy)
A very dapper suit. (for Firoze)
A box full of dinosaurs with the only iguanodon figurine known to man (for Devon)
A drum (from Santa - way to go big guy!)
A lump of coal (for Dean, JUST KIDDING)
An imersion blender (for me - hooray! from Mom & Dad).
A talking, rocking horse (for Dean, from Mom & Dad).
A magazine subscription collection (for us, from Court & G).
A traveling sound machine (for our sanity, from Court & G).
A plastic baby nativity set (for hurling baby jesus and not breaking him, from Bethany & Aaron).
A gorgeous light fixture and a handyman (from Bethany & Debbie).
A set of my french style plates, so I can slowly morph my home into Barefoot Contessa's! (from Rebecca).

These were just a FEW of my favorite gifts, but we were blessed beyond measure this year.

As if all this were not enough, God made a Christmas miracle happen for me at work. Let's just say that my Christmas dreams came true.

And just in case I had any doubts, God gave me a sign that I'm in the right place...

Photobucket
Do you see what I see? Look left.

Photobucket
Ohhh yeahhh. It's the truck stop jewelry store baby! Get your classy jewelry here. Or just get a lottery ticket and $10 worth of gas. Whatever.

God just made my work one of my favorite things! All it took was a quick pit stop for gas to make me realize just how good I have it.

Hope you got all your favorite things for Christmas! If not, there's always 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We don't look too bad for not having any makeup on. LOL.. gotta love christmas time, where you finally shower & get ready at 4pm... I'm sooo happy that you were able to enjoy Christmas despite the busyness of your retail season and I'm SOOO happy for your Christmas miracle! And you can't make fun of the gas station/jewelry store/liquor store, that's like the fanciest gas station I've ever seen. Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...