Monday, January 9, 2012

A Clean Start and a Sweet Ending

It's 2012. A new year. I looked around the house and saw...

Piles and piles of laundry. The remnants of an overly busy 2011. Overflowing laundry bins everywhere. Kids running around in mismatched outfits and pants that are 3 inches too short, because everything that fits is dirty.

I'm the last person to volunteer my day off for cleaning, but it was neccessary. A deep clean of the house and a fresh start to the new year. It felt good. So, we spent almost two days cleaning and making up for the month of December.

Photobucket
Dean is my expert sock sorter. He loves to find and categorize, just like his big brother. Thank God for some help around here! Is 19 months too young for chores?

Ahhh... a sigh of relief to have loads and loads of kids clothes cleaned, sorted and folded.

Photobucket

When I wasn't looking, some little magpie was hoarding socks and building themselves a comfy nest in their fort...

Photobucket

Can I digress...

Socks that pill and look completely GROSS after just one wash should be illegal! Seriously, why would companies even make socks that do THIS?

Photobucket

And no, Gap, you are not off the hook here. Your baby socks are the WORST! They look so soft and cozy when you buy them and then one wash later, it looks like they have been passed down through four generations. Wish I had a picture, but I have thrown them all away.

After the house was sparkling and candles were flickering, we got to head outside in the cold, crisp January air for a little walk.

Photobucket
Now that I just bashed Gap, I have to say... I love Old Navy and Gap baby clothes. They are just the best and the cutest. Old Navy - your 75% off sale ROCKS. This down jacket at $5.99... yes, please.

Photobucket
I love cute baby hands, fingers intertwined.

Photobucket

Photobucket
How many pictures can I have on this blog of Dean and his stick? Best baby toy ever.

Photobucket
Beautiful baby lashes.

One of my first meals of the new year and I was feeling nostalgic. Food is love and it holds memories for me. The last meal my Grandma Marge made for me was about 8 years ago, before she passed away. That dinner is still near and dear to my heart. When I found out Debbie had the recipe, I had to make it again and remember that special dinner made by the best cook in the world.

Photobucket

Warm chicken salad (recipe straight from 1950), with Chinese Napa Cabbage Slaw and dinner rolls. Grandma Marge wasn't drinking Veuve Clicquot, but we were!

Photobucket

And another new year's resolution... to eat cake everyday. Is that healthy? Hmmm, don't think so.

Photobucket
Lemon bundt cake with fresh lemon zest and vanilla cream drizzle. Yummmmmmmmmm!

Later in the week...

It was a very cold night, with fog in the air. But the moon was shining bright over the trees.

Photobucket

And Devon was rocking his new stylish boots. We may not have 3 feet of snow, but this is Georgia winter and we are going to wear our good boots, gosh darn it!

Photobucket
Fog on the street, hard to capture in pictures. Made it seem dark and spooky outside.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My handsome little one doing his best modeling poses...

Photobucket
This one is my favorite... could be straight out of a J.Crew ad.

Photobucket

And finally, our sweet ending. Lollipops for all...

Photobucket

Dean can hold his own lollipop. And don't you even try to take it away!

Photobucket

This is the happiest lollipop face he could possible make! Happy, Happy, Happy Boy!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I looove Devon in his new boots & that adorable outfit!! He does look like a little model. And can Dean come sort & fold socks like that for me too? We do laundry EVERY single day in our house.... how on earth are you able to wait? Seriously, the load I have for the boys alone 2 times a week looks like what is on your couch. I guess that's what you get when you have your play clothes & then the clothes you wear out if you go out at night, plus the outfit your little monkeys had to change into after they fell into a bucket of rain water in the back yard, or whatever shenanigan that happened that day..... And finally, I LOVE the pic of Dean wrinkling his nose!! You should zoom in on his face & lollipop and put it in B&W, it'd be adorable to frame!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...