Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Birthdays, Anniversaries and Dinosaurs... oh my!

September is always the month of celebrations and this year was no exception.  Even though life can get hectic, it always feels so good when we stop and smell the roses.  It's easy to get wrapped up in work and endless to-do lists, but it's so much more important to put the ones we love at the top of our list.
At the top of our list this month, was our darling Devon's 5th birthday...

Which started with a little "Mama & Devon" day at Fernbank (the dinosaur museum).
  Photobucket
And of course Devon was telling me every dinosaur name before we even got inside. :)

Photobucket
This is one of my favorite pictures because I can still see that he's my little boy, even though he's 5.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He loved every minute of being around these huge dinosaurs!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then a few days later, he got to open presents...
Photobucket

Photobucket
This look cracks me up...

And finally, the much anticipated dinosaur bones!

Photobucket

And then a few days later, Devon got to help me make his birthday cake.  Of course he had to have a stegosaurus cake!
Photobucket

Photobucket

And he was soooo proud of his cake!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And he made a wish and blew out his candles...

Photobucket

Photobucket
And we hope all his wishes will come true!


After all that, just a few days later it was time to celebrate our wedding anniversary and my birthday.  All I wanted was a day of peace and pampering and all my dreams came true...

At the Ritz-Carlton Lake Oconee!
Photobucket

It was indulgent, but oh so worth it!  Firoze knows how to spoil and pamper someone like a celebrity (after all, he does it for his job), but this day was PERFECT.  We had massages and plenty of spa time, fabulous food and best of all, time with each other to enjoy a gorgeous fall day in peace.

Photobucket

Happy Anniversary Love!  You are everything to me and my best days are with you.  XOXO

Photobucket

And what could be more relaxing that staring out over the lake on a beautifully sunny day, holding a perfectly chilled bloody mary?  Yummmmmm....

Photobucket

And no day could truly be perfect without an incredible meal...
Photobucket

And the Ritz delivered...  parmesan truffle fries, calamari, and chicken pesto sandwiches.... perfection!

Photobucket

Photobucket

On all the days when life is stressful, somewhere in my mind I am wanting to be here...
Photobucket

In a heated pool all to myself, overlooking the peaceful lake.

Photobucket

And on that day... life was good!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So we truly celebrated all the good things that day, but 3 other good things that made me happy recently...

1.  Stopping at a country gas station on the way home from the Ritz and buying ONE scratch-off lottery ticket and finding out we won $100!!!

2.  Hearing the boys talking while I was cooking breakfast in the kitchen.  I heard Devon saying "come here Deanie... come get warm under the blanket."  Then coming in the living room to find them watching Curious George together like this...

Photobucket

3.  Watching an episode of "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives" that showed this and then going and buying everything to make it myself!  It was a work of art.  Seriously.  Look at this...

Photobucket
Shrimp po-boy with homemade jumbo lump crab mayo, avocado, tomato and arugula!

1 comment:

  1. That Dinosaur museum is PERFECT for Devon!!! I'm so glad you both had such great birthdays! And I want to be in Lake Oconee!! It's heaven, esp this time of year. :) And oh.my.goodness. THAT sandwich! YuMMMMMMMM!!!

    Love, coco

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...