Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Days: The Best Days!

Here we are in Atlanta and we're lucky if we get snow once a year. But today, we were really lucky! We got snowed in completely and got to enjoy a full day of fun at home. I'm not one of those people that have a sad, barren fridge with one lonely bottle of ketchup. I always have a fridge and freezer that is stuffed to capacity with the makings of at least 20 great meals (if my mind can put all those pieces together to form the puzzle). Today was one of those days it came in handy because even Whole Foods was closed! So, it was a wonderful day of cooking, relaxing and playing in the snow.

Photobucket

The snow started falling last night and I let Devon stay up way past his bedtime to watch the snow and then to go outside and stand in it - that's the excitement of a true Southern boy!

When we woke up this morning, this was the view of our street...

Photobucket

Firoze had to work almost 24 hours, from 2pm on Sunday afternoon until 1pm today. Finally, he made it back home (very carefully).

Photobucket

For lunch, we had a nice Asian buffet, with some basmati rice, orange sesame chicken, and stir fried broccoli with garlic and ginger. Then we got suited up like we were heading for the Alps and went outside to enjoy some winter fun. By the way, Devon's snowsuit is just a tad too short - don'tcha think? :) That's what happens when the last planned snow day was two years ago! Hey, we MADE it fit!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Firoze and Devon got creative with the other half to Dean's exersaucer and decided to "sled" down our neighbors hill.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Devon loved it, even though it was a pretty pathetic attempt at sledding. I can't wait for him to see the real deal one day! We went in and did what every good Northern girl does after playing in the snow... had homemade cookies and hot chocolate! All we were missing were the antique metal radiators that we had growing up, to lay our wet mittens on to dry.

Meanwhile, it took Dean about 2.5 seconds to realize... hey, there's something wrong with my exersaucer!

Photobucket

"I think there's something missing and I'm sure if I stick my head in here, I'll find it!"

Photobucket

We ended our night with another winter walk and a great meal, taken straight from the Pioneer Woman. She knows what she's blogging about and that's great food! We enjoyed her shrimp quesadillas and they were delish!

Is it too much to hope for a few more snow days this week???

2 comments:

  1. Super cute Julie! I love the pics and the boys are getting so big. By the way you made me hungry by reading this. It's midnight here and I now want some of whatever is in your frig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want what is in your fridge too! That's funny.
    You guys looked so cute sledding...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...