Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Ba Ba" - Better than a PhD from Harvard

As a mother, there are few things in life that can compare to seeing your child grow and develop and reach a new milestone. I swear, even if Devon or Dean gets a PhD from Harvard one day, my heart cannot be prouder than the day I heard their first word or saw them take their first steps. This week, I have heard my precious Dean's first word... not a one time, "was that what I thought he said?" type word, but a real word, repeated over and over, with more and more emphasis until he got what he wanted. He said "ba ba" (which means "bottle" to anyone who hasn't been around a baby lately) and continued to repeat it over and over with more and more force until he was literally yelling and waving his hands wildly in the direction of the cabinet where the bottles were kept. And my heart was full of pride - my baby's first words! I could not be happier.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now I keep waiting and holding my breath everytime he is standing and holding on to a piece of furniture... will today be the day he takes his first steps??? I'll keep you posted on that one. :)

1 comment:

  1. And the best part is I got to hear him say his first words!!! He said it loud and clear as day! That's what I do when I'm on the couch and don't feel like getting up, I say "bababababa" louder and louder until Guillermo guesses what I want and gets it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...