Sunday, January 9, 2011

Nigella made me do it.

I love food.

There, that was easy. Other people love shoes, but I love food. I usually am watching Food Network at all hours of the night because that's my form of relaxation. And then it happened...

Nigella had a show on cravings.

(That's Nigella Lawson for those of you who don't watch TV about food all day!)

She proceeded to lovingly and indulgently (is that a word?) make 2 whole baked potatoes into the most gorgeous stuffed potato skins you ever did see. And then she plopped down in front of the fireplace and proceeded to enjoy those 4 large, overstuffed potato skins... all by herself.

All I could think was... I want THAT!

And so I did.

Photobucket

If indulgent photos of potato skins bother you, then just stop right here.

Photobucket

And it was SO worth it!

On the subject of cravings, if I eat something once and love it, chances are that I'll be eating it again very soon. I just can't get it out of my mind. That's what happened with my Mom's breakfast pizza. It's usually only for breakfast on Christmas morning, but why? I decided today would be Brunch at the Family Diner (aka, my kitchen) and we would be serving up "Mom's Breakfast Pizza." And this is how I made mine...

-1 Roll Pillsbury Pizza Dough
-Scrambled Eggs (made with 4 eggs, touch of half & half, few dabs of chive cream cheese and liberal sprinkling of salt)
-Sauteed chopped onion (about a quarter of a large Vidalia onion), chopped red pepper, and sliced turkey breakfast sausage links). Saute together in a skillet until onions and peppers are soft and the sausage is cooked through.
-Fresh grated extra sharp cheddar cheese (no pre-packaged grated cheese, please.)
-Freshly ground pepper & a sprinkling of chopped cilantro and parsley.
{Pre-bake pizza crust for 6 minutes at 400 degrees, then top with scrambled eggs and onion, pepper and sausage mixture. Cover pizza with grated cheddar and sprinkle liberally with freshly ground pepper. Bake for additional 12 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.}

Photobucket

Photobucket

How good does THAT look?

It was the perfect start to my "weekend" (any two random days of the week that happen to fall together and be my two days off) and I enjoyed my breakfast pizza with a nice big steaming mug of coffee. All I can say is... yum.

1 comment:

  1. The best sister in the whole world would fedex me some stuffed potato skins! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...