Thursday, April 12, 2012

Peeps at the Beach (Easter - Part 2)

When we were at Courtney and Guillermo's house, I was busy in the kitchen and turned my back for a second. I heard Judah say "Dean loooves Peeps!" I turned around to see that he and Quinn had taken the initiative to give Dean a little Easter treat and put a Peep in his hand. Dean could see by my face that he had to make a split second decision, so he shoved that entire Peep in his mouth and clamped his teeth shut. He knew a good thing when he had it and he CERTAINLY was not going to let his chance at pure bliss be snatched away!

Well, we saw our opportunity to have a mini beach vacation while we were in Charleston and you can say we snatched that Peep up! Charleston has two sides... The one side is the normal working world, where people go to work and pick up Chick-fil-A lunches for their kids in the drive thru. That side has strip malls and rush hour traffic. That is the side we normally see. But Charleston has this whole other side... the vacation getaway. The side where people lay around on the beach and stare at the dune grasses blowing. The side where people eat fresh oysters and crab cakes at beachside restaurants and drink cold beers at lunch. The shops here sell Palmetto hats, sweet grass baskets and wooden signs that say "Gone to the Beach." And this is the side, that my peeps and I wanted to visit!

So, we drove past the strip malls, over the bridges, past the islands until we hit Folly Beach...

Photobucket

We stayed at the Tides Hotel and were lucky enough to be right on the beach, with a perfect view of the Folly Beach Pier.

We loved taking a swim in their pool overlooking the beach.

Photobucket

And the boys LOVED swimming with their Papa!

Photobucket

After swimming, these two needed a quick lollipop break and snuggled under the towels.

Photobucket

We went out for lunch (although it was a sad, sad story that Bowen's Island was closed). We returned ready to take on the beach...

Photobucket

The boys got to build their much anticipated sand castle (or more like sand bucket) and Viviana got to hang out and rock the cutest little baby bathing suit you ever did see!

Photobucket

Seriously, could you just die of cuteness overload? I mean, come on... Look at those pink ruffles and little squishy baby arms!

Photobucket

After all our beach fun, the rest of the family headed back home and we stayed to enjoy the sunset and an evening walk on the pier.

Photobucket

This is our hotel.

Photobucket

When I asked Devon his favorite part about the entire Easter weekend, he said it was this moment...

"When the fisherman caught the sting ray on his pole!"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This sweet baby face with the still chubby cheeks just warms my heart...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Deansie, doing his best Abercrombie modeling...

Photobucket

And being a little boy again...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I treasure these moments with my family, when I can take a minute and truly be happy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Family on the pier. Fishermen at sunset. Perfection.

Photobucket

The next morning, I woke to a very peaceful sunrise and peeked out the curtain while the rest of the family were sleeping and snuggled under the covers. But the empty sand was calling to me to come outside and wake up with the sun...

Photobucket

So we ran outside to play...

Photobucket

What a glorious morning! The ocean waves were just sparkling in the sun.

Photobucket

There were seashell negotiations...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The face that brings me so much love...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was happy to let the boys have their moment, to just use their imaginations and let me quietly slip away to just observe them.

Photobucket

But the most fun we had was just playing under the Folly Beach Pier.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The sun was making the ocean glitter...

Photobucket

While I was enjoying the view, Devon was busy making "mud soup" in the tidal pools around the support beams.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dean had a standoff with the tide...

Photobucket

I couldn't love this picture more...

Photobucket

Devon didn't care that the tide came in. He was perfectly fine getting soaked through his pants!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dean loved being chased by the waves...

Photobucket

Photobucket

But to top off a perfect day, Dean had to find his favorite toy on the beach...

Photobucket

I had to laugh when I saw the angle of this photo. Hmmm... Dean looks like he is VERY blessed by nature!

Photobucket

What? My pants are NOT wet!

Photobucket

So after our morning of beach fun, Devon begged for one last swim in the pool..

Photobucket

And poor little Dean was VERY jealous...

Photobucket

Let's just say he was NOT happy to be stuck on the balcony overlooking the pool!

Photobucket

"Hey, how come I always get treated like the baby around here?"

Photobucket

Bye Beach! Thanks for the memories!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. The picture of you kissing Dean is Amazing!! You need to frame it!!! You captured your trip so well, what awesome pictures, no wonder you had a hard time choosing which ones to post... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the one of Firoze holding the boy's hands and walking together on the pier. That looks straight out of a vacation magazine. I just love it! I also love the way you framed the boys under the pier as they were playing in the sand, ... and of course, my all time fave baby pics are ones of babies in just their diapers. I ADORE Dean on the balcony in his dipey overlooking the pool! You guys had a blast. What a beautiful weekend to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...