Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Catching Up

I was missing this little blog during the late winter months, when we slid down the slippery slope of toddler rule. It's so easy... To bring this sobbing little one into your bed, to cuddle him and hold him tight and make his tears go away. And to realize that 4 months later, you have not accomplished anything past 8:30pm because you've somehow still got this little monkey sandwiched in between you every night. I see why families co-sleep. I really do. I'm empathetic to how they got there. Because I did too. And little by little, it got better and better. It was so nice to lean over and kiss Dean's sweet forehead in the night. We snuggled and he slept with his head tucked under my chin. Firoze said in my ususal sleep walking and talking state, I kissed and hugged Dean all night long and he kissed me back. Those nights were sweet and precious. But, they had to stop.

It was time for us to take back our spot on the throne. Dean just had to go. And so he did, right into his new big boy bed! And finally, I got my evenings back. Imagine all the things you can do after 8:30...

So, when I have time, I'll be posting some catch-up posts from the last few months. Starting with our trip to our favorite spot to go with the boys. It's pretty much perfect. It's the "duck park" and it's just a two minute trip from our house, which means it's our favorite hangout!

Now that Devon's getting older, he can ride his bike like the other cool kids at the park.

Photobucket

But, our favorite activity is feeding the ducks!

Photobucket

Even Dean is so mesmorized, he sits at the waters edge and doesn't even move.

Photobucket

The ducks were showing off their pretty colors.

Photobucket

And Dean was loving life with his little duckie friend!

Photobucket

But the best was yet to come. A gorgeously huge white crane flew towards us like a small airplane and glided to a stop right in front of us. She put on quite a show and we were mesmerized!

Photobucket

And just when we thought it couldn't get any better, she dove into the water and showed off her skills!

Photobucket

I mean, come on... how cool is this?!

Photobucket

And so we stared and watched her, slowly stalk through the water, quietly waiting for her moment and then... SPLASH!

Photobucket

The beauty of nature in perfect focus...

Photobucket

It was better than watching Animal Planet!

Photobucket

After crane watching, there was duck chasing...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"We might catch these birds if we work together!"

Photobucket

"Now how did I miss them?"

Photobucket
I just love this picture and couldn't believe I caught the exact moment of the ducks in flight.

After all the bird watching, it was time for some exercise...

Photobucket

Little shadow chaser...

Photobucket

And there was quite the game of frisbee!

Photobucket

Devon mastered the frisbee on this trip!

Photobucket

Dean even tried his best to run away with the frisbee.

Photobucket

Baby bear ears on jackets just melt my heart...

Photobucket

But eventually he got his stance and his throwing arm into position...

Photobucket

And looked cute while he was doing it.

Photobucket

No matter how good we thought we were playing frisbee, we were no match for this dog! He literally could leap about 8 feet in the air and catch the frisbee mid-air. I was so happy I caught the catch with my camera!

Photobucket

Devon is so grown up, he easily climbs trees and gets a little higher each time.

Photobucket

But Dean knows how to get a real birds-eye-view!

Photobucket

The best father I could ever imagine for my boys. He is everything to me.

Photobucket

Such a sweet picture. Father and son.

Photobucket

Duck, duck, goose.

Photobucket

Lovely little lashes.

Photobucket

Little boy silhouettes on trees... magic.

Photobucket

Littlest park ranger.

Photobucket

And my big boy rock climber.

Photobucket

Capturing these fleeting moments of babyhood...

Photobucket

Love these sweet cheeks and little rosebud lips.

Photobucket

I love you my sweet Dean, my little snuggler, my bed stealer!

Photobucket

Lovely park paths, see you next time!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awww, that post makes me wanna go home and snuggle with my babies! Dean is the most lovable boy ever, I would sleep snuggling him too. But you made the hard move and aren't you happy that you have a sister that's telling you: JULIE! You have to get that boy out of your bed! :) Now you have to post the pics of him in his big boy bed. I only saw the small picture you sent on your phone.
    I love that you guys have such an awesome park near your house. THe one good "duck park" we have here is literally paved with duck poop, and the ducks attack you. Your park looks so serene.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...