Thursday, November 3, 2011

Costumes? Yes, please.

I'm one who looks for any excuse to throw a costume party. I look forward to Halloween as the socially expected day to wear a costume and eat tons of candy. How great is that? And that is the reason behind...

The family costume.

Photobucket

Why let the kids have all the fun? Yes, we love it too. This year, we were officially a farm family. Cast of characters: Farmer, Farmer's Wife, Rooster, and Baby Chick.

Photobucket
My little chickadees

Photobucket
My "angry birds" :)

Photobucket
Type A personality chickens gather their own eggs!

Photobucket

Dean's favorite toy in the whole world is a stick. Who needs dinosaurs, matchbox cars, train sets, educational toys, or legos, when you can have an awesome stick?

Photobucket

My little chickadee's waddle was the cutest thing I ever saw!

Photobucket

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Photobucket

I have to say it, from the moment we started dating, Firoze has been coerced/forced/bribed into dressing up in all kinds of costumes every Halloween. But now, I think he finally likes it. Ok, maybe that's pushing it. But, he puts up with me and all my ideas and he's willing to wear just about anything! How could our farm family be complete without the Farmer?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This chicken flew the coop!

Photobucket

Devon was over the moon with excitement about Halloween and especially about seeing us all dressed up. We don't need any skanky Halloween party to flaunt our stuff. All I need is my 5 year old to say "You look JUST like a farmer Mama!" to make my day.

Photobucket
A proud Mother Hen with her flock!

Photobucket
Overalls... please tell me these will never be back in fashion EVER again!

Photobucket

A good farmer keeps track of all his chickens...

Photobucket

Photobucket
The Farmer in the Dell. Ha! Notice the freckles. :)

We were lucky enough to have some extra farm hands with us to help wrangle the chickens...

Photobucket
Debbie and Donna - the life of the party!

Photobucket
These girls don't go anywhere without their hoe or their eggs!

Photobucket
Pure childhood joy!

Photobucket
Couldn't stop smiling at my little Deanie, waddling down the street.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Not ours, but too cute!

Photobucket
I heart Ashford Park... best trick-or-treat street ever!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Donna was just happy to hoe! (Innappropriate farm jokes made this night VERY funny!)

Photobucket

Photobucket
Debbie was so sweet to take Dean for his one and only trick-or-treat!

Photobucket
And he LOVED his treat!

Photobucket
Don't you just want to squeeze him?!

Photobucket

We had the best time, laughing together, dressing up and laughing at each other, being with the boys, celebrating the holiday and enjoying a perfect fall night!

Photobucket

I hope your Halloween was full of treats!

P.S. I hope the over abundance of farm words and puns didn't drive you batty! Ooh, a Halloween pun. :)

1 comment:

  1. I Loooove all of your costumes, the boys are too stinkin cute. I love the picture of Dean and his stick, I will be able to go cheap for Christmas this year, he's getting a box of sticks!! ;) YOu did the best makeup on Devon's nose too!
    Debbie and Donna are like good samaritans letting that ho trick or treat with them!
    Last night Judah found that plastic thing they put tights/socks on from his nacho libre thing and he was going on and on about his "hooker" - Gmo and I were laughing our behinds off....
    Love coco

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...