Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Jolly Old Santa Claus

My Christmas mantra this year is "let's do this!" I'm not waiting til the last minute on anything. I'm organized, I'm ready, and I'm going to make the most of my November so I can really relax (as much as possible, working crazy retail hours) and enjoy December. As usual, I want to create family traditions for the boys. Devon is old enough that he remembers EVERYTHING and looks forward to each event. Each Christmas event that we do is so special and I love to see the look of joy and excitement in the boys eyes!

The Santa at Phipps Plaza really is a magical childhood tradition. He is the REAL Santa Claus of course, traveling each day from the North Pole to visit hundreds of good little girls and boys. He is the kindest Santa and is so interested in talking to all of the children. Devon and Dean were pretty much in awe!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Devon worked very hard on his list this year...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And he even wrote his wish list himself...

Photobucket

Dean has only one wish this year... a tuba! I think it was from a Curious George episode, but he has been obsessed with getting a tuba. Have you ever tried to find a child sized tuba??? Looks like Santa had better work his magic!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In front of the Tiffany Christmas tree...

Photobucket

The we walked around Phipps to experience some Christmas wonder...

This is an elegant tree that my Mom would love...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So happy with their candy canes from Santa...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

In my Christmas red...

Photobucket

We always start putting up the Christmas tree the week of Thanksgiving. We want to enjoy all the Christmas decorations for as long as possible and it makes the house so beautiful. Here's how it all got started...

With the boxes, brought in from our shed and some excited boys, waiting to begin...

Photobucket

With each ornament, the boys want to remember when we got it and is it theirs?!

Photobucket

So happy with our cheery little tree!

Photobucket

Our beautiful nativity, the centerpiece of our Christmas decorations.

Photobucket

Playing with the baby safe nativity. We wouldn't want baby Jesus to get broken!

Photobucket

My Russian nesting dolls. With sweet little Christmas fairytale scenes handpainted on each one.

Photobucket

Our Christmas book basket is finally full. I have been collecting books for the past six years, so I could read a different Christmas book for the entire month of December. The boys love reading them and looking at the pictures on their own too, so we put away the dinosaur books and keep these out.

Photobucket

Our downstairs has the new addition of a little Christmas village that glows.

Photobucket

Photobucket

For a special Christmas treat, the boys and I made "reindeer munch" together. Mmmm...

Photobucket

And of course, we had to continue the tradition of making a gingerbread house. But this year, we made a little gingerbread village.

Photobucket

And one of my favorite things to do is to change our my dining table decor to match the season. It is the first thing we see when we walk into the house and the boys even get excited to see the "new table." So, up went the Christmas tablecloth and candles.

Photobucket

With all the Christmas decor up, Firoze and I even had an all-day marathon Christmas shopping day and for the first time EVER, I can say "I'm done!" before November is even over!

All this shopping deserves a reward...

Photobucket

This was my favorite picture from the last two weeks. Firoze and I took Deanie with us for a little Farm Burger delight! Sometimes you have to grab your chance for a break, with the best burger and fries in town. It feels good to relax...

Photobucket

And now, I'm off to start enjoying December!

And if all this Christmas craziness starts to stress you out, remember, you can always turn your house into a 5-star resort and have a little pampering...

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I changed my mind, I don't think you should get a full size tree, the small one on that table is so freaking adorable! Like a Swedish cottage! And I love the boys in their cute Santa visiting outfits! Tell Devon if aunt coco were there I'd eat his gingerbread village, Yum! And his Santa picture is so good, you need to frame that and bring it out each Christmas! I looove the pic of you and Dean in the puffy vests, you both look so cute, like a magazine! You go girl with your bad Christmas self! Holla!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...