Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Autumn Obsession

There are a lot of us out there... The kind of people that beg for a chill in the air, the chance to throw on an extra layer (especially if it's a chunky knit sweater), that search out the first yellow leaf and inwardly sigh with happiness. Summer at the beach is great, with it's vibrant colors and fruity cocktails, don't get me wrong. But, it is no match for fall. Fall is where my heart is, being a Michigan girl. My favorite season conjures up warm memories of apple cider, school starting and those pretty fall colors. Let's face it, I wait all year for October 1st and declare myself autumn obsessed. I'm not alone, there's some inspiring bloggers out there that had to tempt me with these posts...Falling Into October and Fall's First Photo Shoot. I see your bales of hay and cute photo shoot with kids in hats and I raise you pumpkin donuts, fall swag on my table, and a photo shoot with kids in vests and sweaters! My autumn obsession BEGINS...

Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Drizzle

Photobucket

Three trips to Souper Jenny in the past two weeks. This "Thanksgiving Soup" was the bomb! It had a ball of stuffing as a topper and a giant dollop of fresh cranberry sauce. I need to eat this soup again!

Photobucket

My anniversary date night. Yay for a night out... with makeup!

Photobucket

Cute fall shoes.

Photobucket

Waiting for the bus to come and see Devon leap off and into my arms.

Photobucket

Apple cider. Even the boys are addicted!

Photobucket

Fall candles.

Photobucket

Fall colors on the table.

Photobucket

Chandelier swag. Pumpkins... oh yeah!

Photobucket

Fall flowers that look like art.

Photobucket

Seriously, I could sell this. Blown up to a poster size. I see it now...

Photobucket

Best anniversary and birthday gift EVAHHHHH....my dream camera from my sweetest Love. What better way to unveil the glory than with the first fall photo shoot of the season. Adore!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My baby Dean...dreamy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They wanted to hold hands...awwwwwwwww...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now I had to take this baby for a spin and see what she can do. Can she make me Annie Leibowitz? Oh, I think so... Cue low saturation, high contrast and brooding faces...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now how bout' a little black and white action? Why hello loveliness!

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you're cozy in your house, reading this post, make yourself a cup of tea/coffee/hot chocolate/warm apple cider and toast to a happy fall!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures and can't wait to see all the tricks your camera can do! You need to do close ups of those sweet faces! And I am also fellow fall obsessed, nothing compares to our Michigan falls.... And on a last thought, what size shoe does Devon wear now? His shoes look as big as firoze's! Wow! My big six year old!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...