Thursday, March 1, 2012

You're 2 Baby!

Dean, I will always remember how we decided we needed you in our lives. We went for it... another baby. Putting our fate in God's hands and he delivered you right into our arms. Two years ago, we welcomed you on a snowy day in March. As they say, March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. So true, because you came into our lives, with the excitement and excuberance of a lion. As a baby, you were truly a sweet little lamb... so snuggly, so easy going, so content. But, the lion is back baby and now you're about to turn 2! You are strong, fearless, a risk-taker, and a leader. People would think the second born child is the follower, but not in this house. You take charge and go for what you want. You walk ten steps ahead and never check to make sure you're safe. You just go for it. You are the first one to pick up a big bug, even when Devon is scared. You always dance to show how much you love something, especially food! You are so loving and you give me big kisses all night long. I know you have melted my heart because I love snuggling with you and falling asleep to the rhythm of your breathing. You keep us on our toes and make us laugh. We love you soooo much and can't wait to see you grow up! Happy Birthday to you, our baby boy.

Photobucket

Today is your day and we tried to think of fun things to do to make your day extra special.

Photobucket

A train ride sounds like fun!

Photobucket
Are you hiding from my camera? :)

All Aboard!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Let's hurry up and get this train ride started!

Photobucket

Tickets please.

Photobucket

On to our "Amusement Park" (also known as Bass Pro Shop). I know, we are big spenders here!

Photobucket

And we lucked out. How cool is this? A diver was cleaning the tanks and he might as well have been an astronaut, flying through space before our eyes. The boys were mesmerized!

Photobucket

Photobucket

You really can't beat the free fish show here!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Devon even caught a huge catfish!

Photobucket

Da dum, dahhhh dum, da dum, da dum, da dum.... (You better be humming "JAWS" here)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next stop, the carousel. Perfect kids activity for a birthday celebration!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know Dean is growing up because he can ride his horse with no help. He didn't even want me near him!

Photobucket

This is childhood bliss!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Like Devon said, birthdays MUST include cake! So, off to Starbucks to grab a cake pop on the run.

Photobucket

Present time!

Photobucket

I love presents for two year olds because I can be lazy and throw everything into one large gift bag. Yay!

Noise maker with lots of buttons. Check!

Photobucket

Firoze had to get all the toys out of the packaging. Now, that's a present for me!

Photobucket

Devon was very interested in all of Dean's presents.

Photobucket

And to end our perfect family day, I made the chicken cacciatore recipe from the show "Extra Virgin." It is simmered in a whole bottle of good red wine. This chicken may end up looking purple as a result, but it is soooo delicious!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Even the boys loved it! I am lucky that they are such great eaters.

Photobucket

Cheers to a wonderful meal! And Cheers to you on your birthday!

Photobucket
Dean really does clink his sippy cup and say "Cheers!" It's literally the cutest thing you've ever seen.

March 2nd. Dean shares his birthday with an amazing person... Guillermo. Or Uncle G, as he's known around here. G, we are so glad you are in our lives and we love your infectious happiness, your big smile, your huge heart, and your love for your family. We hope Dean shares all those qualities of a March 2nd birthday. Happy Birthday G!

And now, for a change of topic, I'm just so anxious for all my hard work painting to pay off with a big reveal, but...

Until then, I'm just going to have to give you one piece of the puzzle. Hopefully, in the next few posts I'll have the before and after shots and all the little details that are keeping me up at night!

Before. Goodwill Hunting. $30. What a cute dresser, right?

Photobucket

After. Red. Ooh-la-la. Love!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Have the best birthday my precious two year old nephew!!! He is one amazing and adorable little dude and I can't wait for y'all to come here! It looks like y'all had an awesome day, wish I could've been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated birthday to little Dean! What adorable boys you have. The pic of one of them in the shark was hilarious! ... And your chicken cattiatore sounds delicious! My dad makes one as well, but I've never heard of marinating it in red wine. I bet it tastes so yummy!

    Wow! That red dresser looks amazing! I'm so impressed! The silver handled accents are so nice too.

    Blessings! - Beth.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...