Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day or Dada's Day

Yesterday it was Father's Day. In our house, we do things a little bit Southern, so I am the "Mama" to my boys. And we are also Sri-Lankan, so Firoze is known as the "Dada" around here. I can say I am truly blessed to have someone who is so truly excited to be a Dada and shares so much of the work. Everyone knows that kids bring you joy, but they also bring extra laundry to do, extra baths to give, extra mouths to feed, and the hundreds of extra tasks required to keep them growing. I grew up with a Dad that was so creative and loving. My Dad was always making something for us, or helping us to ride our bikes on a 50 mile bike ride, or teaching me to be a speed reader, just like him. So, I have very high expecations of what a father should be. A father should be involved. He should be there for his kids and show them how much he loves them every day. Firoze is the bath giver, the king of laundry, the master bum wiper... they might not sound like it, but these are glowing titles. It's not the same as "Oscar Nominated Actor" or "Purple Heart Recipient," but it's a title that is a million more times important in our home. What good is an Oscar award winning actor going to do me, unless he can change a really dirty diaper while I'm trying to make dinner??? All that to say, I am so lucky... I have a loving husband that is the best Dada to Devon and Dean and shows them how much he loves them every single day. So, Happy Dada's Day Love!

Here are some of my favorite pictures of Firoze with the boys over the past few years...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. AWwww, we love you Firoze! Happy father's day again! :) I love all the pics except the one where he's doing the Michael Jackson/Blanket thing where he's dangling Dean off the balcony of the cruise ship. JK!! ;) Love Coco

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...