Sunday, June 12, 2011

Beautiful Boy

"Before you go to sleep,
Say a little prayer.
Every day in every way,
It's getting better and better.

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful...
Beautiful Boy.

Before you cross the street,
Take my hand,
Life is just what happens to you,
While you're busy making other plans.

Beautiful,
Beautiful, beautiful...
Beautiful Boy."

- Beautiful Boy by John Lennon

This is one of my all time favorite songs. One of those songs that can consistently make me tear up. When I think about how many things are on my to-do list everyday, it makes me feel anxious at how life is passing by in a 100 mile-per-hour blur and I have to stop and take a look around at these two beautiful boys that I am blessed with...

Photobucket

Devon is wise and understanding beyond his years. He is my shadow, my sous chef, my kindred spirit. He is so smart and witty, but also calm and loving. He is always offering to help, always begging to be taught something, and always happy to be with us.

Photobucket

Dean is my little sprite. My daredevil. My scamp. My little Charlie Chaplin. He is always grinning, always looking for an adventure and completely fearless. When he turns on the charm, he has a wink in his smile and a sparkle in his eyes... a flirtatious grin just like his Dada.

Photobucket

And when I freeze this moment, I can only think... how blessed and lucky am I? I have everything I have ever wished for in these two beautiful boys. I'll blink my eyes and they'll have grown another inch. It just goes by too fast.

Photobucket

How is it possible that just the other day (it seems), Devon was just taking his first steps??? And now in just a heartbeat, Dean is here and I see these uncertain little baby steps turning into the willowy figure of my son growing so tall and handsome.

Photobucket

In the blink of an eye, Devon will be all grown up... I can see how fast it goes.

Photobucket

Every day in every way,
It's getting better and better...

1 comment:

  1. Stupid blogger! Erased my comment. :( Kids are the biggest blessing ever. I want time to slooooooow down too. We are making the most out of every moment with our boys, that's for sure! I love your boys so much and they are both so adorable! I love Dean in the little onesie and Devon in his cute vest! Give them kisses for me. :) "Aunt Coco"

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...