Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Things that warm my heart...

It's cold in Atlanta. Bone chilling, freezing, icy cold. But, these are the things that warm me up inside:

When we get home from work, Devon and Dean both race to the door to welcome us with open arms and hugs. Dean is so small, but he races to the door and tries to climb up to give us a hug. He loves his Dada, that's for sure! In fact, I'm starting to think that he loves Firoze just a little bit more than me right now. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Other than our boys, the only thing better to come home to after a long day of work is a cozy house - filled with the twinkling lights of our Christmas tree.

Photobucket

I try my best to create the Christmas memories for the boys and these are moments that warm my heart. This year, we made a gingerbread train together.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Devon put every single candy on this train and he was sooo proud of himself!

Photobucket

Lately, when I just can't get warm and it's 11 o'clock at night, my craving is for a peppermint hot chocolate made from real chocolate shavings.

Photobucket

Today has been a great day - spending the morning with Devon and Dean and then cooking a big pot of soup. This is Barefoot Contessa's recipe for Italian Wedding Soup and it will warm you up!

Photobucket
The smell of onion, celery and carrot sauteeing in a pot makes the house cozy!

Photobucket
Homemade chicken meatballs roating in the oven - yum!

Photobucket
And this is the finished soup - it warms me up just looking at the picture!

Lastly, this is just a little sneak preview... Christmas Cards were made today.

And these photos were some that didn't make the cut, but they did warm my heart.

Photobucket
Babies laughing...

Photobucket
And silly kids faces when all you want it something worthy of a Christmas Card...

I feel all warm and cozy inside.

1 comment:

  1. Now I can tell even more Dean is losing his big chubby cheeks! So sad. But I guess he has to start growing up and not remain an itty bitty baby forever. :) I want some soup!! YUMMM. The boys look so cute in their Christmas outfits. Tell Devon his "attack of the mack" face is REALLY good.. a true "sherman".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...