Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Oh Pumpkin Roll... You were worth the drive!

We have to do it every year... it's what fall is all about. Sometimes we are by ourselves and sometimes we are lucky enough to share it with friends and family, or friends that feel like family. This year, we had our fall trip to Burt's Farm with Lakmal and Janaki.

Burt's Farm is perfect for a fall drive and delivers on beautiful light and picturesque backdrops for pictures of the boys. But, the real reason to drive there is for the Pumpkin Roll. Yes, every year the drive seems to get longer and longer and this year was no exception. I know we were in that car for at least an hour and forty five minutes. But, once you are there - it is the definition of fall. Big pumpkins, little pumpkins, pumpkin roll, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin butter... are you sick of pumpkins yet? Not me! Fall is my favorite time of year and what could be better than seeing the leaves changing colors, enjoying a beautiful fall day with my family and friends and eating pumpkin roll!

Dean was my angel baby as always - putting up with me dressing him up in cashmere!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't help but kiss these chubby cheeks every chance I get!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Devon is my child model - he puts up with 50 different requests to "say cheese!" "look this way" "smile" and he never fails to give me a few perfect pictures. These are my favorites!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is Janaki - our sweet and beautiful friend (and best of all, a great cook!)

Photobucket

After forcing the boys to take too many pictures with pumpkins, we had a picnic lunch next to a stream. Devon decided that he wanted to get all "Sri-Lankan Style" in the creek, so we let him roll up his pants and pretend to be adventerous. True adventurers don't have a parent hovering over them in case they slip on a rock and float down a creek, but hey, he's only 4!

Photobucket

Photobucket

After getting our fill of pumpkins, we headed up the road to Amicalola Falls. I don't know what we were thinking, but obviously the higher elevation must have messed up our minds. For some strange reason, we thought we were hikers...

Photobucket

It actually turns out that to be a hiker, you have to be able to walk up a mountain. Well, despite not wearing hiking boots and having two kids to carry and or drag up these steps, we made it to the top. It wasn't pretty - we were sweating and our legs were trembling. The only one that still had any energy was Devon. Now, why couldn't he carry me back down the mountain???

This was the view from the top. Don't be fooled - these "hikers" were huffing and puffing, but they managed to hold it together and make it look easy for this photo!

Photobucket

Photobucket

After our hike, we rewarded ourselves... with pumpkin roll! It was so worth it!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Finally!! I love it. The title, the title pics, everything. I can't believe I can see updated pics of all of you more often. Love you guys soo much.. I wish we could've been there for the fun!

    Had I gone on the "hike" with you guys, I would've just rolled down all those stairs to get back down. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...