Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lucky 23

May 23rd. It is Firoze's birthday and 23 has become our lucky number. Lucky because it's the number we play in roulette. And mainly lucky because I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and father to the boys!

It's the day I celebrate Firoze and how I am so thankful for him in my life. He does so much for me, from thinking about me every day and bringing me little treats to brighten my day. A favorite magazine waiting on the table when I get home from work. A clean kitchen when I wake up in the morning because he stayed up late washing all the dishes that I left. A late night run to get dessert when we are having a "chocolate emergency." A father that takes both boys to the pool by himself for the afternoon. A husband who puts everyone else before himself and always thinks of what he can do to make others happy. The one who comes to visit me at work whenever he has a free moment because he wants to see me. The one I truly love.

He deserves a good birthday and more. So I tried to make it extra special this year. Starting with a gift each hour... for the entire day.

Photobucket

And a house that was decorate with love for his special day.

Photobucket

I took the boys out of the house as soon as they woke up, mainly so he could sleep in, but also to sneak out and get his favorite breakfast of a freshly baked croissant to go with his tea.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we got dressed up and went to midtown for some fun photos and to walk around and enjoy the day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we went to one of his favorite restaurants... Nan Fine Thai Dining.

Photobucket

Such a gorgeous restaurant.

Photobucket

A lychee martini.

Photobucket

And some ridiculously good appetizers!

Photobucket

For his special surprise, I had arranged for him to finally have a climbing instructor at Stone Summit - an awesome indoor climbing center. He had gotten a gift from Rebecca and Will for Christmas, but we had never had a day to use it, so what better day than on his birthday!

Since we thought Devon was ready to try climbing, we brought him along for this special adventure.

Photobucket

This is the inside of this incredibly cool climbing center...

Photobucket

Dev was just so psyched that there was a dinosaur to climb! How cool is this?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now Firoze was suited up and ready to take the first step...

Photobucket

And he was a PRO! He literally made it to the top of the 30 foot wall in about 30 seconds. I was amazed!

But then Devon tried it for the first time and we both literally had tears in our eyes. He was so amazing. So brave and strong. We couldn't even believe it. It was the highlight of our day and we were so proud.

Photobucket

After he got going, we couldn't even stop him. It was so amazing!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here he is doing a free climb without the instructor to help him. He is tethered to the ceiling in case he falls. Yes, our jaws had dropped watching our 5 year old climb 40 foot walls without fear!!

Photobucket

And Firoze continued to amaze me, trying more difficult climbs throughout the afternoon.

Photobucket

Doing the spiderman, literally hanging by his fingertips upside down...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the best part of all, doing a father and son climb...

Photobucket

After going home to get changed, we finished our perfect day by heading out on a date night to a new restaurant - Barcelona.

Photobucket

Not only did they serve the best meal I've had all year (yes, it was absolutely beyond words), but they had a near perfect bloody mary. Behold...

Photobucket

And a pretty amazing grilled steak that was still sizzling as it arrived to us.

Photobucket

But there was one last gift... A new pair of Bally's for my always well dressed husband!

Photobucket

It was a perfect day in every way with my favorite person. Happy Birthday Love!

4 comments:

  1. Firoze is so awesome!! I wish we were there to celebrate his special day!! I'm glad it seemed to be the perfect birthday for him, you always know the best gifts to buy and best activities! And also, please tell Firoze his gift is still on order. :(
    The pics you took of him are amazing, they're all so good I can't chose a favorite.
    I can't believe your two spider monkeys climbing those walls! Well, I guess I always knew Firoze was a spider monkey but now I see it's passed on to Devon as well! They both did SO awesome!!! Just incredible. I can't even imagine how much strength and endurance the one wall that was jetting out was for Firoze. Tell him next time, you want him to hang down upside down and kiss you like spiderman. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put me to shame. You very well might be the best wife ever! P.S. this is B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son is very cute! Really great place for my kids.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...